After installation of the plugin you should set its settings. See next screens please:
Let's look on the MDTF settings closer:
- Search Result Page - base link where search results shown. It can be overwritten in each MDTF widget or shortcode [mdf_search_form]. For woocommerce site set there link to the shop page. For usual WordPress site set link to the site if this field is empty.
- Output search template - search template which uses for outputting of the search results. By default for it uses "search" word (means search.php but extension should not written) template - uses default output for current WordPress theme. You can create your own output template. It is easy: create in your wp theme folder file search_output.php (name as an example) and in the plugin setting page instead of "search" write "search_output" .
- Supported post types - check here post types you want to use for filtering on your site.
- Reset custom link - link to page to which user going after pressing "Reset button" in the MDTF search form. This option can be overwritten in each MDTF widget or shortcode [mdf_search_form]. This field also can be empty.
- Results per page - you can set how many results will be displayed on the result page. If set 0 - default WordPress per page option will be taken.
- Tooltip theme - each option from in-built meta data constructor has description, so if you will write text there - tips icon will appear on the front near that html-item in the search form. So you can select style of it.
- Tooltip icon image URL - icon image for tool tip from the previous description.
- Tooltip max width - max tooltip width in pixels on the site front.
- Tab slideout icon image settings - there is exists one mode in the shortcode [mdf_search_form] shortcode which names as slideout - http://cars.wp-filter.com/ - so here you can set another image for its button, but it is very important to set width and height for this image too!
- jQuery-ui calendar date format - MDTF supports filtering data by calendar (calendar should be created in the meta data constructor), so here you can set date format for it.
- Range slider skin - some skins for range-slider which created by js library IonRange Slider
- Overlay skin - here you can select any loading overlay instead of 'Loading text '. + You can set here 'Overlay image background' if you activated any overlay skin except of default one.
- Loading text - text while ajax do something
- Default order by - default order and order-by for search results. Order by: date, title and any meta-key, for example _price.
- Default sort panel - this option is for the shortcode [mdf_sort_panel], and uses by default.
- Toggle open sign/Toggle close sign - the plugins functionality allows close/open filter blocks, so in this option you can set any sign or text
- Hide [mdf_search_button] on mobile devices - search form of the plugin can be presented on the site front as button by shortcode [mdf_search_button], after clicking on it popup with MDTF search form appears. On some mobile devices it looks bad, so by checking this option you can hide this shortcodes on front for mobile customers.
- Ignore sticky posts - Ignore sticky posts in the search results.
- Show terms childs - this option uses for taxonomies when their terms displayed as checkboxes, use it when you want to show always all parents and child's on the same time in the MDTF search form.
- This tab appears only if woocommerce plugin installed on the site
- Exclude 'out of stock' products from search - excludes out of stock products from the search results.
- Try to make shop page AJAXED - Check it if you want to make ajax searching directly on woocommerce shop page. BUT! It is not possible for 100% because a lot of WordPress themes uses not in the right way woocommerce hooks woocommerce_before_shop_loop AND woocommerce_after_shop_loop.
- Include Google Map JS on the next pages - Some themes has already included google maps js, so maybe you will not need this option to avoid js scripts conflict. But if you need this - you can include it on some pages (using their page-ID) on which you uses MDTF google map! Set "-1" if you want to include it on all pages of your site.
- Where to keep search data - Better keep search data in the site session to avoid some extra MySQL queries, but in some of the reasons it sometimes not possible, so set it to the "transients". But transients make additional queries to data base! Set it to sessions when your search is working fine to exclude case when searching doesn't work well because data cannot be kept in the site session for any reasons!
- Cache dynamic recount number for each item in filter - Useful thing when you already set your site in production mode and uses dynamic recount in MDTF search forms. It makes recount very fast! Of course after adding new posts which have to be in the search results - you have to reset this cache too! There is 10 cron-presets for dynamic recount cache:
- do not clean cache automatically - if you do post adding rarely
- clean cache automatically hourly
- clean cache automatically twicedaily
- clean cache automatically daily
- clean cache automatically each 2 days
- clean cache automatically each 3 days
- clean cache automatically each 4 days
- clean cache automatically each 5 days
- clean cache automatically each 6 days
- clean cache automatically each 7 days
- Cache terms - Useful thing when you already set your site IN THE PRODUCTION MODE - its makes getting terms in the search request for filter more faster without big MySQL queries! If you actively adds new terms every day or week you can set cron period for cleaning this cache.
- Init plugin on the next site pages only - This option excludes initialization of the plugin on all pages of the site except links in the textarea. One row - one link! Example: http://mysite.com/ajaxed-search-7/ - slash in the end of the link should be!
- Custom CSS code - If you need to customize something and you don't want to lose your changes after next update of the plugin
- When searching is going in the redirect mode - tag <body> of the result page has CSS class mdf_search_is_going - so you can use it by your own logic for any CSS manipulations